There was certainly plenty of excitement on Friday when the RSA interactive unit and roll over simulator paid us a visit on Friday.
Road Safety Interactive Unit (Shuttle)
The main aim of the Road Safety Interactive Unit is to provide the general public and other target audiences with the chance to interact with various road safety campaigns and to spread the message about the importance of road safety. There is something for everyone on the Shuttle because road safety is for everyone.
Students had the opportunity to:
- practice their driving and hazard perception skills on the simulators (car, motorbike, bicycle)
- enjoy a fully interactive road safety educational experience
- experience simulated virtual situations in the virtual reality pods and experience first-hand the dangers of driving and texting and driver fatigue
- practice safe cycling skills on the state of the art bicycle simulator
- See how driving environments and speed affect their braking distances on the brake reaction timer
- practice the driver theory test on board
- Test their fancy footwork by dancing to the Safe Cross Code in the activity zone
- Take a road safety quiz in the activity zone
- Learn about tyre safety.